How It Works
Welcome to the ONLY site where you can Save Money on hockey related items (50% savings is the norm) and Fundraise at the same time (12.5% of every purchase goes back to minor hockey!!). The majority of the deals are sport related – places you need to shop throughout the hockey season and about 25% of the deals are more generic - ie. family friendly restaurants, unique gift ideas or entertainment options. Please follow these simple steps to reap the benefits;
1. Choose your Region. Check out the deals offered in your area by selecting your region from the drop down box with the green arrow ”Choose your Region” at the top of the page. Pick the city/area that you are most likely to shop at. This will display any current deal(s) in your region. At any one time there will usually be 1-4 deals up with a new one going up every week and some coming down. Over time you will see a mix of local businesses, national businesses/chains and other companies that can ship their product nationally.
2. Register. We recommend that you register and create an account. This serves two purposes; i) if you do want to buy any current for future deal, you do need an account to do so and ii)you will be informed about future deals in your region. You register by clicking on “Register” in the top right hand corner. At this point, you will create a Username, enter your email address, and enter (and confirm) a password. You will then select the Minor Hockey Affiliation by selecting
a) Country (Canada or US),
b) Branch (this is usually the province that live in but note in Ontario there are several choices – ODHA – Ottawa District Minor Hockey (ODMHA), ODHA – Junior, GTHL, OMHA, Northern Ontario and Northwestern Ontario).
c) Association – your minor hockey association. (For Junior this is not applicable).
d) Team – if applicable. Some associations fundraise only at the Association level.
Lastly, you will select the Region that you would like to be notified about for future deals – you can pick several regions - these would be cities/areas that you reside or normally shop at.
If you do not have a particular Minor Hockey affiliation, simply check “None – give back to minor hockey” and we will make sure the funds benefit minor hockey overall.
You will receive emails to confirm your registration and subscription – please follow the instructions. We suggest that you add communityengage.com to your safe sender list. We ensure you that your email will only be used for communication related to this site.
3. If you did not see your Team listed, please notify your team manager by sending them to www.communityengage.com/odmha/team-fundraising . You can still purchase immediately – simply select ‘Not Listed’ for the Team at this point. There is no need to wait. Once we hear from your Team manager, we will enter your team and then your purchase can be tagged back to your team to ensure that the fundraising that you generate goes back to your team.
4. Purchase. If you are interested in purchasing a deal – you will find all the information on that specific offer on the site. The deal value, the cost, the related discount, any related fine print, time remaining to make a purchase decision, fundraising percentage/amount and other particulars. You will also see information on the company and its locations. On the deal page, click “Buy”.
5. Login/Register. If you decide to Buy, then you will need to log in to complete the purchase. (If this is your first time, you will need to Register – see Step #2 above).
6. Review your Cart. You can see the deal that you selected and you can modify the quantity. Select ‘Checkout’ to complete the purchase. Enter your billing information and payment information. You will receive an email confirmation of your purchase and the voucher will now appear in your Account. Note: There is a gift option at the checkout but you should only use this if you want the receiver to receive the voucher electronically. Do not use this option if you plan to buy the voucher and give it to them in person because if you use the Gift Option, the voucher will NOT appear in your account.
7. Print voucher. The voucher will appear in your account. Simply print it and redeem at the respective business. Enjoy the savings. Congratulations on the fundraising you just created at the same time!!
It is that simple.
Sharing the Offer – Spreading the Word
We encourage you to share the deal to generate more fundraising for your association or team. Learn how.
Once the deal has ended, we will run a report to determine which associations or teams are owed monies based on the # of purchases made by the respective parents and supporters. Cheques will be mailed out to association offices or to the team managers.